Wednesday, April 16, 2008

CFS from The Old Farmhouse Restaurant

Okay, so I only had one CFS on the road this past weekend but it was alright. It's a sure sign of a lack o' confidence when they overload the plate with potatoes vs the CFS, btw.

The place was the Old Farmhouse Restaurant, conveniently located in the parking lot of our hotel in Medford, OR. The place was about what you'd expect - full of those "bitter folks," ya' know? The CFS was okay, not great but adequate. More the German style which isn't my fave but still close enough to Southern style to meet my needs. The portion was just small, really - the consistency was fine and the gravy was good enough. The breading wasn't spiced up at all, too, making it a forgettable entry here - but an entry nonetheless!

Altho' before we left we were treated to quite a singular show outside the restaurant window. Some guy decided that was a good spot to remove his t-shirt, rub himself down, check his fingers after rubbing his pits, put on a purple vest, and continue on down the street. Neato!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I eat at the Old Farmhouse all of the time. It's a great place to sit down with your family and have a "home" cooked meal; it is wonderful! The burgers are to die for and their strawberry shortcake is huge, made with an extra large, fresh homemade bisquit.Everyone is so friendly, especially the owners. Whether we go there for breakfast, lunch or dinner, the portions are always more than enough, and so good I just keep eating even though I'm full! I usually eat at the White City location, although I just heard that they are delivering at the Medford location during lunch, so I don't even have to leave the office! I would say that The Old Farmhouse is YUUUUUMMY!!!

Anonymous said...

Greg and Cheryl Cordova have done a masterful job in creating an atmosphere that is warm and friendly. If you are hungry, this is the place to be. The Farm House portions are huge. My wife and I try to eat at one of the locations as often as possible. For great omelets to fantastic salads, you can't do better.