Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hungry Tiger Too


Chicken fried steak
Originally uploaded by ScrumpyFU
Yep, the CFS at HTT gets it's own darn plate. I didn't measure it but, if I had to eyeball it, I'd say it was a foot-long. Now, I'm as impressed by size as the next guy (insert comment here) but what impressed me most on this dish was the consistency throughout. The breading, the firmness, just everything was correct and balanced from one end to the other.

The meat wasn't dry and, as you can see, the gravy stopped politely shy of smothering (which I prefer). And, again, the sheer volume here is worthy of a reckoning.

While the coating was good and the fry-job (my new word!) was good enough the coating also didn't seem to have much to it beyond being just a coating. There was some flavoring involved but nothing that made it dance in your mouth. The combination of good meat and good gravy more than made up for this fact but, still, that's the one item keeping this one from moving to the top of my list.

It is, though, a fantastic deal for $10 - I even had to split it up and eat the remainder a day or two later. And two CFS's for $10 is a pretty sweet deal in anyone's book.

No comments: