Friday, June 11, 2010

Cracker Barrel


CFS from Cracker Barrel
Originally uploaded by ScrumpyFU
Okay, so I had to try some CFS while I was on the road in my recent vacation trip to Georgia.

Ended up hitting a Cracker Barrel and tried their "chicken fried" breakfast (steak or chicken - go figure).

The texture of their breading is, put simply, perfect. I would prefer more seasoning to it but, beyond that, its consistency, overall flavor, crunchiness, and style are the best I've had thus far in my quest. The steak was done well, proportioned quite well with the breading. They even give you a side of gravy with only a little on the CFS itself - so you're not left swimming in the stuff or looking for more.

Too bad it's a regional thing and I can't get it here. Or maybe (my heart says) that's a good thing?

No comments: