Monday, July 21, 2008

Biscuits Cafe

Another brewfest weekend, another large breakfast in prep. The wife and I decided to return to Biscuits Cafe since we hadn't been there in quite a while.

Our food arrived soon and, having gone with the side o' cakes and red potatoes instead of browns, our little table was soon a bit cramped. So I quickly (too quickly as it's pretty blurry) took a picture:


It's very much the southern style of prep. The gravy was a bit tasteless so I really had to pour on the pepper which you can see in my next blurry photo:

But the size of the steak was perfectly matched to the other elements in the combined nutritional breakfast. That impressed me greatly, being able to strike that balance instead of just overwhelming you. The flavor on the steak and breading was pretty good but that gravy was still a bit of a distraction. But it's a very good entry onto the list here.

Great selection, good fresh food, and good service - Biscuits is well worth the trip.

1 comment:

Fever said...

never been to the Biscuits, but I did have 2 cfs's in Arkansas. One was at Chilis. Still the best CFS I've ever had. The other was from a texas steakhouse chain called Colton's. This cfs was supposed to be southern style, but the breading was so thin, it ended up being more like a german style. I much prefer my breading to be big and fluffy. There should be peaks and crevices of at least a quarter inch. This is where Chilis really excels. Anyhow- Colton's breading was weak in texture and taste. The gravy was alright, but nothing can make up for flat breading in my mind. When the cfs arrives at the table with flat breading, my meal is already ruined.